Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Dirty Dash

We ran the Dirty Dash in June...this was my incentive for finishing my first Half Marathon. Geoff said he would run a 5k with me. I picked this one, Geoff hates running, and I thought the 5k obstacle course through the mud would be more fun for him. Curtis, Nicole and Alicia joined our team "Evergreen Chiropractic--not afraid to get our hands dirty" We couldn't come up with a more creative name, but next year we will be creative and have costumes to make the even more fun. I will warn you in the next few pictures you can see that we had a little too much fun with the mud, if you don't want to see them...scroll down to the end.

Yep, a little too much fun! Apparently we get a little crazy when there is this much mud around!
Before all the fun in the mud started. We decided we needed a before the race picture.
This is towards the end of the race, you can't see it well, be we were getting pretty dirty. and having a really good time.


This is after swimming through the pool of mud(so much fun!)
The race started with the climb up a very muddy slope! It was actually pretty hard, our shoes were sticking in the mud, Geoff ended up taking off his shoes and running barefoot for the rest of the race.
Here we are in all our muddy glory.
I love this picture...Benjamin really doesn't like to be dirty.
Getting ready to cross the finish line

You might ask how we got all the mud off...well, Curtis was kind enough to run back to the car and pay for the girls to take warm showers...the cold ones were not going to cut it. These were outdoor showers, so we basically got to rinse off. Once we got home, it took 4 more showers to get clean...I had to wash my hair 8 times to get the mud out! We all will admit we found mud in random places...like our ears, for about a week! We had a blast with this run...and can't wait to run it again next year. Emma and James are going to participate in the "piglet plunge" next time.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Wow Mandy! You look pretty hot covered in mud! ;)

Trishelle said...

Oh my gosh! You are sooooo cute! I love your dash pictures!! What a fun event! I can't believe I've missed an entire month of these golden blog posts! So fun!