Friday, August 22, 2008

Summer is almost over

We have had quite the fun summer, although we didn't get to do everything we wanted, mostly because of time, we have still had so much fun. Emma is growing so quickly, and she is doing new things everyday. She loves to play with her babies, she is such a little mommy. She also loves playing with her kitchen and making us dinner. She is also excited for baby James to come. She gives him a hug and kiss every night, it is really sweet. She has started saying her own prayers, which is so sweet to us, we love listening to her prayer, she always says the same thing, but it is so sweet to hear.
Emma has also become quite the little singer. Someone goes into nursery every Sunday and does singing time, she always tells me how impressed she is with Emma, because she knows all the words and actions. She likes to sing with us, but every now and then she will just start singing by herself, sometimes it's a real song, and other times she's just singing some tune. She makes us laugh.
Our biggest event this summer has been the opening of Geoff's office, it took a lot longer than we expected, but we have been up and running for about a month now. He is starting to get busier each week, and hopefully things will continue that way. We are so happy that it is opened. I am working as the receptionist for now, but once the baby comes we are hoping to hire someone.
Geoff and I also took a little getaway to Park City this last weekend, it was nice to have one last little trip before the new one comes. The weather was great there, and we had fun spending time together, and of course, sleeping in! We are hoping to get a few more things in before summer ends, so keep checking up for all the fun things we are doing.

3 comments:

Rachel and John said...

I strolled through the blog and caught up a little...it had been a while since I have had a chance to look...I just love all the pictures and the videos...I just adore Emma! She is sooo cute! Love Rach

Jessi B said...

OMG I can't believe I came across your blog! My life isn't anything as exciting as yours and I don't have cute pics of babies to put up but I have a blog anyway ;-) I'm so glad to see things are going well. Your daughter is adorable!!

Nicole said...

You have such a cute blog. And the star of the blog (Emma) is adorable. You and Geoff are such good parents. We hope to be as good as you guys one day. We love you.