Friday, December 19, 2008

sleeping kids, gingerbread houses and a birthday

Sometimes it is really hard to get the kids to go to sleep, and sometimes they go to sleep when we really don't want them too.
Emma actually feel asleep in her high chair with mashed potatoes in her mouth! We had to shake her a couple of times so that she would finish the potatoes.
She ended up sleeping from about 6:30 until 7:30 the next morning, we really wore her out.

This is Emma's first gingerbread house. She placed almost all of the candy herself, she would just tell us where she wanted the frosting, and she did the rest.


James would like to get a little taste of the candy!
Here she is hard at work





Grandma finally got to hold little James. The day before her birthday I made a cake for her and all of her birthday visiters. We took it up, and of course Emma had some cake too.

Emma is really enjoying the cake

So this is the cake that I made, I've been trying to learn how to decorate cakes for awhile now, if it's not obvious, I used cupcakes and then frosted them with a decorative tip, it took me awhile, but I am quite proud of it. I made another one of these for our family Christmas party last night. Hopefully more opportunities will present themselves so I can keep working on this new hobby...we don't really eat cake in our house, so the cake would just go to wast normally.
Emma loves to lay down next to James and "snuggle" (smother) him.

No comments: