Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thanksgiving Point Gardens

Every August Thanksgiving point does $2 tuesdays...which means that we get into the gardens for super cheap. I like to take the kids every year and do my own little photo shoot. We had a rough start getting them to cooperate, and I don't think that James ever really did, but I was lucky to get some good pictures. This is a long post, but well worth it, all the pictures turned out great, and this isn't even half of them.
James loves to run, everywhere!
Emma is actually getting fairly good at posing, although some of them are silly. I love when she gets silly like that, it's fun to watch her little sense of humor and see her funny faces.

James likes to make funny faces too.




I love this picture! James loves his daddy so much and they have a pretty good relationship. He is always asking me where's dad? I'm just not as much fun.











They had a lot of fun with the fish. I don't remember the fish from the last time we went, but there were tons of them! luckily I had a few quarters so I could buy some food to feed them. They thought it was great.


This is one of my favorites. Emma and James love each other so much. They play pretty well together too. James is always sad when we drop Emma off at preschool, and very excited when we pick her up. Emma misses James while he's asleep and often asks when he is going to wake up.






One of her silly poses.
James wasn't trying but he was doing a pretty good job at posing too...not sure what this one is about, but I love it.



He's trying to learn to jump. My fear is that when he really learns how we will be spending a lot more time at the pediatricians office for broken bones and stitches. The kid has no fear! The pediatrician did tell me at one of our last appointments that he see's stitches in my future...so do I! but I guess that's what you get with little boys.

The kids have been having so much fun. Emma has started preschool again and she is loving it. Her teacher is Miss Wendi, and I think Emma really likes her. She is learning her numbers right now and she is doing great with them. She has also been coloring like crazy, her pictures are looking more like pictures than just blobs of color. She can write her name, but insists that there are 2 a's a little a and a big a. I also taught her to write mom...we are still working on dad.
James is starting to say more and more words. He is very energetic, he loves to climb and make lots of messes...I thinks he makes them just because he can...oh well, he keeps me busy!
We have just a couple more weeks till our long awaited trip to disneyland! we have been planning this trip for over a year and we are very excited for it. It might be extra fun because some really good friends of ours(curtis, nicole and benjamin) might be going at the same time, the kids would absolutely love to have their best friend there. We can't wait for a fun trip.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Great pictures, Mandy! Your kids are adorable.

Andy and Melissa said...

These pics are all so cute! And you are awesome for doing the 1/2 marathon... I want to someday. Maybe I will come do one with you sometime...