Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fun at home, fish lake, the splash pad and Mommy's big day

Kids relaxing at home...I had to take this pic because as soon as James saw that emma was laying down he had to do it too. He loves to do what she is doing.
Emma's preschool got to be part of the Lindon Days Parade...she was so excited, but I think she was pretty bored by the end of the parade.
Highland now has a splash pad. It's totally free and a lot of fun. We went one day with Benjamin and Nicole. This was at the end.

They had so much fun playing. I think it will be more fun now that all the big kids are in school, hopefully we can go a couple more times before it gets cold.


The kids loved to climb on the rocks, that wasn't my favorite part, just because they had sharp edges, I imagine some kid will crack his head open there at some point.
This was at Big Rock Candy Mountain
I think I already did a post about Fish lake, but here are some more pictures. When we left we decided to take a detour and go to Junction, Utah to relive some of my fondest childhood memories.
My Great Grandmother lived in Junction. It is a VERY small town, but so fun to visit. We always loved going and went a lot. This is at the park that we would go play at when we were there. This toy wasn't there, but the kids loved it.



The kids all thought it was pretty cool that Daddy climbed up to the top. We didn't spend too much time at the park, as you can see by the clouds a storm was coming right for us.

This toy was in Junction when I was a kid, and I know I played on it. It was kind of fun to share it with the kids.

This is where my Grandma's house once stood. There isn't really anything left, other than a few bricks from her fireplace. Makes me sad that it is all gone, it was a really cool place to visit. I remember tying quilts with my grandma and her letting me help her with the sewing machine. I loved this place...and I always will.
Nicole and Benjamin on the turny-thing with us. We had a great time while daddy pushed us.


The BIG Race! This was of course at the end. I took a little breather while Geoff went and helped with someone that was having a medical problem.
Not sure what James was telling me, but he had quite the story to tell.




Emma kept me going at the very end by running up to me and running with me. She thought it was great. The race was a little bit harder than I expected, and I got sick part way through, which of course slowed me down. At the end I informed Nicole, who ran with me, that this was my last half marathon, but I have changed my mind and will be running another one this spring. I was really happy to have finished, and I was very grateful to have a whole group of cheerleaders at the end to help me keep going.
My final time was 3 hours and 3 minutes, and some seconds, I can't remember. Yes I was very slow, but I finished, I ran all but about 1 1/2 miles of it too.
Me and James in the backyard getting ready for some smores.

More of the parade
This was James at the parade. My mom took him so that I could walk with Emma. Aunt Anita and Katy came too.
Sorry these aren't really in order. This was at the end with Nicole and Curtis. We had fun running together. I was glad to have them with me. They finished a lot earlier than I did. But waited at the end for me. I'm so glad Geoff and I can call these two friends, because they are GREAT ones.
Almost to the finish line(running on grass is NOT fun).

Nicole and Curtis near the end. They did awesome.

We are having a great summer, I'm kind of sad to see it end. But I'm really excited for fall. We have a lot of fun planned. I have more summer pictures that I will get up soon.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I've been wanting to go to the splash pad. Those rocks don't look like they belong there though! You're awesome for finishing that race! I don't know if I could do that. Looks like you had a great summer!

Shambi-Galambi said...

There is a splash pad? Where?