Sunday, March 22, 2009

The rest of January

I am finally getting caught up. This is the end of January. For those who are wondering about the past few weeks...well...they've been rough. Emma got a terrible stomach bug, after a few days of barely eating of drinking, she ended up needing to be put in hospital on IV fluids for a few hours, we expected her to be there overnight, but thankfully, she responded really well, and perked right up. We are very grateful that it is over. James is recovering from is RSV well, he also has an ear infection, but he is a strong kid.
I went in to check on Emma one evening after she had gone to bed, she wasn't in her bed...I couldn't find her, I was walking out of her room, to see if she had found her way to the office, or bathroom, and then I saw her, in a pile of books, sound asleep. She loves to read, and apparently hadn't gotten in enough reading time during the day.


Emma had fun swinging in a bag Geoff had gotten from a seminar, the handle ended up breaking off, but she had so much fun swinging



After the Draper Temple open house we went to Johnny Carrina's for dinner, Emma loved her pizza. We weren't able to get pictures of her at the temple, it was rainy and cold, so hopefully we can drive up there one of these days and take some pictures. Emma was so good in the temple, she was talking about going and getting married there, and that we say prayers in the temple, she also told us that she was going to see Jesus there. We are so happy that she is already setting goals for the temple.





Emma loves to wear Geoff's hats, she wears them around the house, and likes to take them in the car.

Emma and James are such great friends already. Emma loves to take care of him, and James is always happy to see her. He likes it when she snuggles him. I love walking into the room and seeing Emma and James laying next to each other, smiling and giggling.


Geoff and I took a little trip to Vegas for a seminar. We left Emma at home, but James is still too young to be away from me yet, so he came along with us. Geoff spent most of each day in seminars, I was a little bit nervous to travel around Vegas myself, but I made it to a few places on my own. I did a little shopping at the outlets, but mostly spent my time in the big king sized bed in our room at the Stratosphere watching movies and sleeping. Some of you may say that this sounds boring for a trip to Vegas, but for me, it was wonderful. It was the escape that I needed, and I'm hoping to get another one some time in the future, especially after the last few weeks.

One of the perks of staying at the Stratosphere was that we got unlimited use of the elevator up to the top. We were only able to go up once, and we didn't go outside, it was a little chilly, and we didn't want James to get too cold.


3 comments:

Joneel said...

The point you made about how nice it is to see Emma lying down next to James, and making him happy....
Well, that's what all parents want.
For their kids to love each other and get along. It's the BEST feeling.

Trishelle said...

Oh what fun pictures! You are such a beautiful family. I hope your little guy is doing better. By the time April comes around, I'm hoping no one is at all sick and spring makes it's entrance...then we can all play outside all day and you could join us for a tea party. :)

Stacey said...

your kids are so adorable! i'm still sad i didn't get to go to vegas with you. we'll have to do it again sometime...until then, we'll have to settle for girls night at zupas!