Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Snow Fun

We really only got to play in the snow once this winter, the snow didn't seem to last long when we got a lot, and it always seemed to snow on a day we didn't have time to go out and play, or when it was too late to go play.
Emma was so excited to play in the snow, but James wasn't so sure at first. He hated wearing is big puffy coat, so any time we had to put it on him it was a two man job. I'm still not sure how I did it with just me.
He was excited to wear his "Cars" snow boots.
The snow was so deep James needed a little help moving around...he still wasn't sure about the snow, until I taught him to throw a snow ball...then he was super happy, good thing we don't live in Provo(it's illegal to throw snowballs).


James picked up this snowball and just put it on my pants...he was pretty funny about it.
Emma thought throwing snowballs was pretty great too.

Emma really wanted to make a snowman...but my snowman skills are not all that awesome, especially if you compare them to Daddy's, so instead she made snow angels.




The kids also thought it was cool to eat the snow.

I thought I would take a minute to update you on what the kids are up to now.
Emma is doing great in preschool, she is starting to read, she sat at the kitchen table and read me one of the books she made at preschool...I was so proud. She is growing tall all the sudden, I measured her the other day and was amazed at how much she has grown. She will start Kindergarten later this year and is so excited. She has been making lots of new friends and having more and more playdates. I love that she gets along with other kids so well.
James is also doing great, he is growing too...especially his feet! He loves to play with everything, but is favorites are still his trains and cars. He follows Emma everywhere and does what she does, if she is pretending to cook, then he pretends to cook too. He likes to "help" a lot. He is learning his letters and know the letter O very well, he is working on E and S now.
We are looking forward to spring and summer and the fun we have planned.

1 comment:

Trishelle said...

AUGH!! Those cute faces are so adorable in those little coats!! Gosh we miss you guys!