Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Races


Geoff and I both ran some races this past summer/fall. Geoff ran his first triathlon in September. He HATES running, so he thought this would be the best way to do a race

Geoff didn't fall in love with racing like I have. He is taking this year off and wants to do another one next year. Maybe after a few more he will start to love them.
I ran the Brown Dirt Relay in August. I was asked if I wanted to join this team of girls by my friend Krista, I apparently have selective hearing, I didn't hear her mention it was a trail run, something I have never done. I signed up to do the 5 mile leg...thinking it would be a breeze. It was not at all easy. My leg was first, and as we started they reminded us to be watchful for coyotes and mountain lions (seriously!!!!) I got going to find out I had the hardest leg of the relay, it was by far the steepest, and the trail had been washed out before, so it was like a riverbed. I finished way later than all the other runners for my leg. I sprained both my ankles and fell more than once. My team obviously lost, but we had a great time. Our team name was Worse Pace Scenario


We had a great time hanging out before and after the race, I think some of the girls want to do this one again, but I think I will stick to half marathons...they seem easier.

No comments: