Wednesday, June 3, 2009

just a few more cakes

The pink and brown cake was for Geoff's mom's birthday, she was here to visit, so I thought it would be nice if she had a cake. The flower one was for another Relief Society dinner, unfortunately it wasn't what I wanted it to be, I had a small accident (sumo wrestling, pictures coming soon), and I wasn't able to knead fondant, so I had to do buttercream, I definetely haven't mastered that art yet. You can click on the picture to see them bigger.

I am really proud of these 2 cakes the graduation one was for my cousin Katie, and the garden themed one was my first paying cake, I was really excited about being paid for it, maybe I can slowly start a business. I had so much fun making these cakes, it was a little stressful, the garden cake had to be done on Thursday, and the graduation cake on Friday, so I was running around a lot! Thanks to my wonderful husband for helping knead fondant, and watching the kids a lot so I could get them done. He is so supportive of this it's wonderful. Hope you all like these, please leave me comments, I would love some feedback.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

melinda said...

I think you still did a good job on the buttercream one. It's cute with all those flowers. The garden one is awesome! I love it...you did a great job Mandy!

Rachel and John said...

Your rock! Your cakes are so beautiful. How fun to have something that you love to do...and that tastes good too :D
You go girl!
Ps: I dont know if I rememberd to leave a comment a while back...but that purse cake totally made my day! You are so tallented!

Andy and Melissa said...

Those cakes are really great Mandy. I am going to want you to teach me some tricks of the trade. I love them all. But the last two were definately cool. They definately seem proffesional. You have inspired me to try to make something cool for Stella's 2nd birthday this month. Haha, wont look nearly as good as yours, but it will be fun at least, right?

Trishelle said...

You should seriously go into business! These cakes are amazing!